Planning a family vacation can be expensive. Fortunately, there are affordable options that you can consider for kid friendly vacations. One of these is Arizona. On the face of it, Arizona may appear like it doesn’t have much to offer. This isn’t true. The state is filled with dozens of attractive features and points that your family will love. For instance you can choose to;
- Explore the Grand Canyon: There’s more than one way to explore the Grand Canyon. You can get a physical experience by hiking or taking a mule ride along some of the different trails. Do not forget to stop by the Canyon Village where you can go shopping and get some really great views. You can also go camping around the village. For a quicker take, you can tour the Grand Canyon on a helicopter ride. Your kids will love the amazing view and get the opportunity to take really nice pictures.
- Visit the Monument Valley Tribal Park: Another great place to visit during your family vacation is the Monument Valley. To visit the valley you’ll need a guide. The tribal park contains many amazing natural sights. Access to the tribal park will however require a fee. You can take a walk or go horseback riding across the park. Depending on the time of year, you can also take aerial rides in small planes or hot air balloon.
- Visit THE VIEW hotel: If you’re going to the Monument Valley tribal park, then consider lodging at The View. The View is a Navajo owned hotel that offers an amazing view of the park’s scenery. You can find other lodging available, but THE VIEW offer attractive vacation packages that make staying in the hotel worth considering. You’ll also get the chance to learn more about the park’s local history.
- Go Horseback Riding: There are several ranches around Arizona that offer affordable vacation packages and a first rate riding experience. You can teach your kids how to ride and get the chance of being a cowboy by visiting any of these ranches. Alongside the horseback riding experience, most ranches also host cook-outs and midnight bonfires. You’ll even find ranches with spas and a golf course for your comfort.
- Visit Lake Powell: Even with Arizona’s high standards, the scenic beauty of Lake Powell is nothing short of amazing. You can tour the man-made lake in boat rides and take beautiful pictures of the side canyons. You can also choose to go kayaking as well.
- Visit Tuba City: A few miles from the Monument value is Tuba City. Tuba City is a great place to visit with your family if you wish to learn more about the Navajo culture and history. You’ll get the opportunity of visiting a real traditional dwelling as well as buy Navajo souvenirs.
There are hundreds of hotels and accommodation options across Arizona. You can save cost by camping at some of your destinations. You’ll find dozens of tourist destinations across the country. But none that brings the scenic beauty and cultural appeal as Arizona.