The allure of Bahamas is obvious; Delightful weather, amazing sights and, best of all, dozens of affordable vacation packages on offer with different hotels. Every month thousands of families visit the Bahamas to enjoy their vacation. With a wide assortment of family-related activities, the Bahamas is a great place to consider if you’re looking for options on kid friendly vacations. Some of the attractive things that you can do with your kids include;
- Visit the Dolphins: Ranked highly on the list of things to do for families planning kid friendly vacations in Bahamas is interacting with the dolphins. There are several dolphin retreats that you can visit. You can swim the Atlantic bottle nose dolphins in open water or buy tickets for shows where your kids will get the opportunity to touch and feed dolphins.
- The Atlantis Waterpark: During your vacation, plan a day at the Atlantis waterpark. Located on Paradise Island, the Atlantis Waterpark is the perfect place to take your family with an amazing collection of water rides, water slides and over a dozen swimming areas to enjoy. Surrounded by Atlantean themes mixed with a tropical environment, your family is bound to enjoy their vacation experience.
- Drop by Lucayan National Park: Lucayan is one of the three different national parks available in the Caribbean. Be sure to head there early because a visit to Lucayan is likely to take up the better part of your day. You can ride horses across the park or go kayaking out in its quite waters. Spanning over 40 acres, the park is made up of delightful white sand beaches lined with palm and mangrove trees. Lucayan is home to one of the world’s longest underwater limestone cave.
- Explore the City and Islands: One of the reasons why Bahamas is so popular with families looking for kid friendly vacations is that there’s lots of fun things that you can do for free. You can walk around the town exploring places with your family. The pink parliament building, with the adjoining statue of Queen Victoria is a good place to visit. You can also explore many of the old buildings spread across the town and islands.
- Soak up the Beach Experience: A vacation in the Bahamas wouldn’t be the same without a visit to the many beaches. A popular favorite is Cable Beach. Located along the North coast of New Providence, Cable beach is close to several different restaurants, casinos and golf courses. It offers a pleasing view to the ocean not to mention an amazing beach experience. You’ll find dozens of hotels in close proximity to the beach with affordable vacation packages.
Another popular beach destination is Cabbage Beach. Located on Paradise Island, cabbage beach is surrounded by dozens of restaurants as well as hotels offering affordable vacation packages. You can enjoy the day at the beachside with your family or get wet with several different water activities.
Like most popular destinations, you can reduce the cost of your accommodation by making early reservations and taking advantage of the different vacation packages constantly being advertised. So the next time you think about a family holiday, consider the warm prospect of a Bahamas vacation.