Looking for kid friendly vacations? Try New Orleans. New Orleans is one of the most visited destinations in America. It is estimated that over 10 million people visit the city each year. You’ll find hundreds of hotels and motels available with different family friendly vacation packages that you can take advantage of. The lure of New Orleans lies in its many tourist attractions. There are dozens of places that you can take your family to visit during your holiday. Popular options include;
- The Audubon Zoo: Located within Uptown New Orleans, the Audubon zoo spans 58 acres and is home to as much as 2,000 animals. Some of these include alligators, orangutans, lions and gorillas. The zoo is part of the Audubon Park and is opened all through the year except on public holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving and Mardi Gras. You can also visit the Audubon Insectarium and Aquarium where your kids will get the chance to see hundreds of beautiful birds.
- Experience the Mardi Gras: You’re never too young or old to be at a New Orleans’ Mardi Gras. You can schedule your vacation for the annual carnival and experience the color and brilliant sounds. Your kids will love the different parades especially the costumed Pet parade. To get the most out of your vacation, take the time to learn the different parade routes that will be used.
- Tour the Mississippi: Enjoy the scenic beauty along the country’s chief river in cruise. There are different tour options to consider. You can go on a dinner cruise or a harbor cruise. For the best kid friendly vacations, look for cruises that are designed for family. Consider touring the honey Island swamp, located about an hour from New Orleans. Your kids will also love the chance to see some real life alligators in their natural habitat.
- Louisiana Children’s Museum: The Louisiana Children museum is a good place to visit if you wish to give your kids a fun and interactive learning experience. You’ll find special activities such as art projects and book reading. To visit the museum, your kids will have to be younger than 16.
- Soak in the Jazz: During the months of April and May, New Orleans is host to one of the most popular Jazz festivals in the world. There’s an abundance of music styles some of which include Jazz, pop, blues and Cajun music. You don’t need to worry about your kids getting bored. In keeping with its status as one of the best kid friendly vacations, you’ll find special kid tents set up with live stage performance and interactive sessions that will get your kids grinning.
The best time to plan a vacation to New Orleans is in the months of October and April. But there’s never a shortage of festivals or events occurring within the city. Outside the annual Mardi Gras, your visit is likely to coincide with some other family friendly event. You’ll also find affordable lodgings and vacation packages that fit your budget.